[MERGE] Fix for bug 183831

Robert Collins robert.collins at canonical.com
Thu Apr 2 22:56:26 BST 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 23:48 +0200, Geoff Bache wrote:

> > I am interested in helping people developing plugins do so safely and
> > quickly, and also in helping people wanting to contribute to the core do
> > so easily. We do have some tension between 'officially blessed' and 'J
> > random' plugins; I'm not sure of the best route forward. Like Aaron I
> > see value in having all the plugins present tested by default.
> >
> A bit of documentation can't do any harm can it? At least make people
> who bother to read your "Guide to testing Bazaar" aware of this issue.

Thats a very good point. As you suffered, perhaps you could put a few
sentences forward, I'll happily review and land them.

> > Your fix looks potentially ok to me. I suggest putting it in a branch
> > [done] and asking igc to run a usertest run over it vs its branch point
> > to see if there are changes, as noone seems to have a good off the cuff
> > answer.
> Sure. I guess "igc" is Ian Clatworthy in the cc list?

> > Definitely though, we need more tests, because testing that add is fixed
> > is good, but the contract for the low level function is also being
> > changed and we should make sure that that doesn't regress by mistake.
> > bzrlib/tests/test_osutils.py has a TestOSUtils class that looks
> > reasonably appropriate for adding a few small fixtures to.
> Sure. But at this point I think you can decide whether to accept this
> fix first (pending further tests), and I can write those tests when
> you've decided that and I know I'm not wasting my time.

I'm pro the change simply because it fixes the bug and doesn't break
other tests. However Aaron has some valid concerns, so I'd suggest
chatting through the issue with him to see if they can be