Last day to vote/reject on proposed EOL names

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Thu Apr 2 09:07:37 BST 2009

Mark Hammond пишет:
> On 2/04/2009 2:04 PM, Ian Clatworthy wrote:
>
>> It's also worth mentioning that content filters can *only*
>> convert content today. There is no support there for
>> rejecting it. Precommit hooks are the answer to the
>> latter IMO.
>
> As a Windows user, I would much prefer bzr to reject such checkins than
> attempt to guess what I mean and change my content.  If I want bzr to do
> this for me and don't want to deal with commit-hooks, am I screwed?  If
> so, it might be worth your while to ensure that I am in the tiny
> minority of Windows users, or at least make it clear how we won't be
> screwed sometime in the future (ie, I understand stuff takes time...)

Mark, you are right and wrong in the same time.

Yes, it's much safer if the system will reject commit if eols has screwed.
But it safer for the system. Not for the user.

But, this is wrong to reject commit if user don't understand why.

I believe everybody there is more or less experts in using bzr,
teach editors to DTRT with eols, and many many other things.
But there are enough people in the world who either don't understand
or don't want to understand. They only want to do their f*** job and move on.
And such people will complain about rejected commits and blame VCS who reject
their commits, and so on, so on, so on.

Given this into account, I'd prefer to have optional support for non-native
variants. You don't need them? Don't use it. I don't see *the* problem.

What's the problem?