Installers for the compiler-deprived

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Thu Apr 2 08:47:44 BST 2009

Talden пишет:
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 10:20 AM, Ben Finney <ben+bazaar at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
>> DeeJay <smartgpx at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> [obligatory point related to the title: it's all very well agonising
>>> whether to slip the date by a day or so to get the latest and greatest
>>> feature in, but Windows users frequently wait for an unpredictable
>>> period of  days or weeks before getting access to the same code after
>>> its release as source. Some releases never make it to a
>>> Windows-installer version at all.]
>> Where, then, are the Windows-using volunteers eagerly leaping upon the
>> opportunity to build a package for the above need and contribute to
>> the project?
>
> If there's a clear set of instructions for getting all of the
> dependencies, running the build, evaluating the test results and
> building the installer, this would be something I'd be interested in.

Link to this page mentioned on WindowsDownload page, and in HACKING.txt.

http://bazaar-vcs.org/BzrWin32Installer

This page explains how to build installer without extra plugins, like bzr-svn or qbzr.
I'm building installers for myself, because I'm not rely on bzr-svn,
and I'm running qbzr from its own windows installer.