Last day to vote/reject on proposed EOL names

Talden talden at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 22:11:58 BST 2009

> IIUC, native is what 80% people want. May be even 95%.

we have files in our project for multiple platforms.  Those files need
the correct EOLs regardless of which platform the project is checked
out on. So we have needs for

eol = native (99.9% of text content)
eol = crlf (a small number of files)
eol = lf (a small number of files)

In some cases there are formats we really would simply want to be
'uniform'.  For this I guess we can use native.

99% of the time we're checking out on Windows boxes.  We extensively
use Subversions EOL property to deal with EOL issues.

I am (albeit quietly) ecstatic that this feature is arriving... It's
one more tick in the checklist for my company to move to Bazaar from
Subversion.

I wonder how many bazaar users (at least of those that watch this
list) will use the EOL facilities and how many will depend upon it.

--
Talden