[MERGE] integrated EOL conversion with final naming

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Wed Apr 1 06:01:38 BST 2009

As I mentioned in another email, my decision is to go with
a single name (eol) instead of two (tree-eol & repo-eol).
A single namespace eliminates illegal combinations, is
definitely easier to implement and is most likely easier
to support. For the vast majority of users, it will make
no practical difference because they can just use
native/lf/crlf (ala Subversion) and ignore the advanced
(but now verbose) names.

The code is essentially the same as before but the help is
changed and new tests have been added. I'm therefore putting
this back up for review before landing.

Ian C.