BDFL decision of Python's DVCS

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Tue Mar 31 16:12:51 BST 2009

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 07:47:34PM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
> The only "facts" to come out from the PEP are that all three are good
> enough, all three are definitely superior to Subversion, Bazaar
> performs distinctly more poorly than the other two, and Bazaar is less
> mature than the other two.  These *are* *facts* at the present time.
> The last two may be expected to change dramatically in the next couple
> of months, but that's too late; the decision wanted to be made at
> PyCon, and it was.  Bird in the hand and all that.

If you care about one more person's impression, it's that "Bazaar is
expected to change dramatically for the better in the next couple of
months" has been true (or at least claimed to be true) for the last year
at least.  After some point I stopped believing the promises.

I still hope that perhaps in a year's time Bazaar will become mature.
My definition of "mature" includes "has no plans to change the default
repository format again".

Marius Gedminas
--
If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?