[RFC] eol values: unix/windows or LF/CRLF?

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Sat Mar 28 08:21:09 GMT 2009

I want to land EOL conversion into bzr.dev and I have
the code ready to go. I'm currently supporting values
named "unix" and "windows", i.e. what conventions to
follow when checking in text files.

Alexander has suggested renaming them to LF and CRLF
respectively. Do people have strong opinions? I suspect
the latter is more likely to match a google search, i.e.
searching for "bzr crlf" will likely find the EOL
help nearer than top than "bzr windows newlines" will say.
My only concern is that unix/windows is likely to mean more
to non-programmers using bzr, e.g. technical writers?

Ian C.