[MERGE] (correct one!) Create fork and reinvoke parallel testing support.

Robert Collins robert.collins at canonical.com
Fri Mar 27 15:23:19 GMT 2009

On Fri, 2009-03-27 at 16:11 +0100, Vincent Ladeuil wrote:
> BB:approve
>
> The lack of tests from our test overlord is deceiving :-P
>
> I will use it intensively from now on anyway so I'll add tests
> if/when I can too.
>
> <snip/>

> Can you summarize (informally) which versions/branches of
> testtools and subunit are needed ?

subunit trunk, and I gave the needed testtools branch in my cover
letter.

> <snip/>
>
>     robert> +            # Note that without subunit in core - epic FAIL. But we don't really
>     robert> +            # care anyway because load-list means we don't get plugin tests.
>
> I've never understood what you mean here ? --load-list doesn't
> exclude plugin tests.

--subunit was only available as a plugin. So 'bzr selftest
--parallel=subprocess --no-plugins' couldn't work. With --subunit in
core it can work. Will tidy the comments.

> <snip/>
>
>     robert> +class BZRTransformingResult(unittest.TestResult):
>
> Shouldn't that be based on a (yet-to-create)
> subunit.ProtocolTestResult ?

No, because really we should serialise them as xfail etc which subunit
supports natively, and then its a lot easier :).

Thanks!
-Rob