Help with bzr-svn

Talden talden at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 03:16:19 GMT 2009

>>> What do you mean with "doesn't show anything unusual" exactly? Are
>>> there only forward slashes in the paths, no backslashes? In other
>>> words, do you see "eclipse\eclipse\eclipse-3.4.0" or
>>> "eclipse/eclipse/eclipse-3.4.0" ?

>> All of the paths in the log are shown with forward slashes (/).
>> However I wouldn't be surprised if Subversion would simply convert all
>> \ to / anyway in log output - so it might hide the problem.

> Do you have a Linux/BSD system that you can try the import on?

There's perhaps no need. I've doctored the ra_log.py example to output
the paths of the interesting revisions and sure enough, there are
backslashes in the path information (on a deletion).  Subversion
itself does not show these backslashes but dump fails to run.  It
looks like someone did add a path with backslashes.  I expect I can
dump and reload on linux and fix the dump file to eliminate this...

Obscure problem but it would appear not to be a problem in bzr-svn
(though it might be nice to find a way around it such as character
substitution).  Thank you for the responses.

--
Talden