How to change the branch a lightweight checkout points at?

Mary Gardiner mary at puzzling.org
Wed Mar 25 01:20:25 GMT 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009, Jonathan Lange wrote:
> I do something like this:
>
> echo -n 'bzr+ssh://remote/remote-branch' > .bzr/branch/location
>
> I'm not aware of a Bazaar command to achieve the same effect.

I assume you are in /local/working-tree at this time?

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, doesn't this achieve exactly the
opposite of what I want? I don't have a branch with this problem any more (*I*
solved it by completely deleting /local/working-tree and running "bzr co
--lightweight /local/local-heavyweight-checkout") to test on.

Judging from branches I have sitting around here (I have not before needed to
know anything about the structure of .bzr directories, so I am working this out
by inspection) I want /local/working-tree/.bzr/branch/location to contain
"/local/local-heavyweight-checkout" (or rather
"file:///local/local-heavyweight-checkout")

-Mary

--
A corpus is like a hard drive: no matter how big it is, you will eventually
discover that it’s too small.