[MERGE] Implement guess-renames

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Tue Mar 24 05:08:58 GMT 2009

2009/3/24 John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com>:

> Aaron Bentley wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This patch implements a guess-renames command.  Assume some other
>> process has renamed some of your files.  This will guess what renames
>> were performed and update bzr accordingly.
>>

> This seems like it would fit well as a plugin, though if you have reason
> to make this a core command, I certainly wouldn't refuse. (The only
> argument against is the standard "proliferation of commands" one.)

I think it'd be a good core command; it's the kind of thing which will
be handy if it's there, but that probably few people would
specifically go out and look for or install on every place they need
it.

However, I would really prefer if this could be 'bzr mv --detect' or
'--auto' or something, rather than a new command.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>