Direction character on new progress bar

Matthieu Moy Matthieu.Moy at imag.fr
Wed Mar 18 09:36:51 GMT 2009

Jonathan Gossage <jgossage at gmail.com> writes:

> Anyone who is used to shell programming should be comfortable with < for
> read and > for write.

Yes, but "read" and "write" to what? Actually, it's more a matter of
download Vs upload if I understand correctly. Download means "read"
from server, and "write" locally, so it actually does both.

For example:

  wget blablabla -O- > some-file.txt

does a download, and does so with a '>', which is a "write" for the
shell. (Again, if my understanding is correct), the bzr progress bar
uses the '>' the same way my wget shell command does.

--
Matthieu