[MERGE] Copy-edit docs

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Sat Mar 14 00:39:44 GMT 2009

Eric Siegerman wrote:
> My first merge attempt -- a trivial one to give me a feel for the
> procedure.

Thanks and welcome!

> This just does some copy-editing of doc/developers/overview.txt.
> It is intended that it make *no* semantic changes.

bb: approve

> Procedural question for doc edits:  Is it preferred that one
> re-line-wrap the changed text (which makes it harder to review
> the changes), or not (which leaves the final file in a messier
> state)?

The latter.

BTW, another simple way the developer docs could be improved is to
audit the index.txt file for missing documents. I'm pretty sure
there's quite a few developer documents that can only be found be
looking in the directory directly, which one can't do easily when
the documents are served over the web. Anyhow, just an FYI in case
you're interested in improving that.

Ian C.