bzr-svn question?

Fanelli, Paul pfanelli at crossbeamsys.com
Fri Mar 13 18:02:41 GMT 2009

Jelmer,

You can disregard my last email. I didn't understand how the svn hooks
work.

Now I think I better understand what's going on.  At least, some of it
:-).

My question is, how do you get the bzr:author property into svn via the
bzr-svn plugin?

I was able to get and set the svn:author property:

            'svn propget svn:author -revprop -r xxxx'    to get it, and

            'svn propset svn:author -revprop -r xxxx pfanelli'   to set
it.

In order for the property set to work, I had to add the following to the
pre-revprop-change hook:

if [ "$ACTION" = "M" -a "$PROPNAME" = "svn:author" ]; then

    exit 0

fi

Now I just needed to find a place to run the svn propget and propset
commands.  So I thought that the post-commit hook would be a good place.

I added the following to post-commit:

BZR_AUTHOR=`/usr/local/bin/svn propget bzr:author --revprop -r "$REV"
"$REPOS"

/usr/local/bin/svn propset svn:author --revprop -r "$REV" "$BZR_AUTHOR"
"$REPOS"

Once I wrote that, I realized that I would need to get the bzr:author
into the commit.

So, how do you get the bzr:author into the commit?

Is this the right way to do this?

Regards

Paul