how to get bazaar log rid of minor "sandbox" commits?

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Thu Mar 12 00:41:24 GMT 2009

Rahul Nabar <rpnabar at gmail.com> writes:

> On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Neil Martinsen-Burrell
> <nmb at wartburg.edu> wrote:
> > Rewriting history to show only certain changes is "rebasing".  You
> > want the bzr-rebase plugin:  https://launchpad.net/bzr-rebase.
> >  I'm not an expert on its use as I don't use it myself (who do I
> > have to hide from?).
>
> Less to hide and more to make the history "cleaner" so that people can
> not be distracted by commits that do not matter any more.

It's not for one user of the repository (and remember that with a
DVCS, any repository can, in future, gain extra users) to declare what
existing history “does not matter”. If the data exists, and you have
nothing to hide, it's best that it be available for later analysis if
desired.

If you want a way to make the history cleaner, that speaks to a
requirement for a way for the user to view history ignoring some types
of revision. This is very different from removing them from history
completely.

--
 \      “Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than |
  `\  it ceases to be serious when people laugh.” —George Bernard Shaw |