how to get bazaar log rid of minor "sandbox" commits?

Rahul Nabar rpnabar at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 20:34:10 GMT 2009

I am using bazaar to version assorted scattered config files and shell
scripts etc. on my linux box and I am wondering if there is any
workaround for my situation:

Frequently my workflow is like this:

bzr add fooscript
bzr commit fooscript
[fooscript works for months; no commits]

Then I have an itch to add a new feature to fooscript.
Change fooscript; make minor change; kind of works but not fully.
Commit just in case.
Change fooscript; make another minor change; kind of works but not
fully. Commit just in case.
Bad coding. Revert to previous. etc.
[rinse; repeat ad nauseum]

But finally after a day or two this script starts working.
bzr commit

 Now I don't really want all those intermediate sandbox commits to
litter my versioning history. I'd prefer to retain only the major
commits that correspond to important feature additions etc. How can i
achieve this behavior? I know it is more of a workflow thing than a
core bazaar issue but just curious.

--
Rahul