Can we separate authors with ; instead of \n please?

Karl Fogel karl.fogel at canonical.com
Tue Mar 10 20:59:06 GMT 2009

Ian Clatworthy <ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net> writes:
> James Westby wrote:
>> I would also second Andrew's comments, I'm not sure why the internal
>> storage would affect the UI, I don't have to specify XPATH expressions
>> to navigate an inventory. It seems like it wouldn't be a matter of
>> efficiency either.
>
> Yes, as everyone has pointed out, it's much better if the internal
> representation doesn't leak into the UI. I guess we still need to
> sort out a simple UI for searching for multiple authors once we
> support searches like that though.

Might be better to design a new feature *starting* from the UI / API,
and let those drive the underlying implementation.  So: maybe start with
the spec and the tests, then see what is needed under the hood to
support those?

(Btw, NEWS claims this has already been implemented, but
https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+bug/185772 doesn't say that.)

-Karl