URGENT: problem with upgrade

Martin Pool mbp at sourcefrog.net
Tue Mar 10 06:03:02 GMT 2009

2009/3/10 Andrew King <eurokang at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I tried doing an upgrade with bzr on a shared repository.
>
> bzr upgrade --1.9
>
> It failed, somewhere during the conversion with missing revision or
> something similar.
>
> Now I get tracebacks about missing revisions, and when I try doing updates
> it says "could not install revisions"
>
> I tried doing
>
> cp -R backup.bzr .bzr
>
> but that didn't fix it.

Hi,

So, before anything else, you should make a backup of the whole thing
and put that somewhere safe.

The command you quoted will copy backup.bzr inside .bzr.  Whereas what
you actually want is to move .bzr away, then mv backup.bzr to .bzr.
That should get you going again, then you can file a bug for the other
issue.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>