Couple of bzr-svn related issues...

John Szakmeister john at szakmeister.net
Tue Mar 10 01:54:36 GMT 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org> wrote:
[snip]
> I would say first and foremost that this is a bug in svn diff. It has
> sufficient information to display information here, there's no
> ambiguity.

I'm not sure I agree.  The directory didn't exist in the previous
revision.  How should Subversion reflect this in the diff?  Ignore
that fact and then just produce the full contents of files added under
that dir?  I guess that seems reasonable.  Although, I suppose if the
branch was copied from trunk (and hopefully it was), I suppose we
could use the copyfrom location (trunk in this case).  Come to think
of it, I though peg revisions we around for just this sort of thing.
Now I'm really confused as to why this doesn't work.

> Other than that this is also a bzr-svn bug, can you file a bug report
> about this?

I'm about done for tonight, but I'll look at getting this filed in the
morning.  Thanks again Jelmer!  I really don't know how you get to
spend so much time on these projects, but I'm grateful that you do.

-John