re-create branch from rich-root-pack repo to pack-0.92 repo

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Fri Mar 6 10:17:59 GMT 2009

Ian Clatworthy <ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net> writes:

> Ben Finney wrote:
>
> > First problem: ‘bzr fast-export’ demands I give a ‘SOURCE’
> > argument, but the help text gives no definition of what that is.
> >
> > I tried giving it the directory containing the branch, but that's
> > apparently not the ‘SOURCE’ it wants: it complains that it's a
> > directory (“bzr: ERROR: [Errno 21] Is a directory”).
>
> That's weird. I usually just go to the branch and do ..
>
>   bzr fast-export . > ../branch-name.fi
>
> Works for me. What does bzr info show for that directory?

Hmm. When I run it by itself, it works. The error was actually from
‘bzr fast-import .’, which was the command running at the other end of
the pipe:

    $ cd repo-eggs/branch-foo/
    $ (cd ../../repo-spam/branch-foo/ && bzr fast-export .) | bzr fast-import .
    bzr: ERROR: [Errno 21] Is a directory
    bzr: broken pipe

All of which I lay at the fact (as you've already acknowledged) that
the documentation is lacking: it specifies a mandatory ‘SOURCE’
argument for each command but then doesn't define what that is.

--
 \     “I went to a fancy French restaurant called ‘Déjà Vu’. The head |
  `\                  waiter said, ‘Don't I know you?’” —Steven Wright |