Backwards compatibility of the 'authors' revision property?

Matt Nordhoff mnordhoff at mattnordhoff.com
Fri Mar 6 09:18:09 GMT 2009

(Disclaimer: I haven't actually tested this. I just glanced at the code.)

When the 'authors' revision property was added, ISTM it was changed so
that new revisions will only ever have the 'authors' revprop, and no
'author' revprop. This is bad for interacting with older clients, isn't
it? They'll only miss a bit of information in "bzr log", but still.

I propose that if len(authors) == 1, the 'author' revprop should be used
instead.

Also, I'm not really proposing this, but it would be possible to set the
'author' revprop to the first author and then set the 'authors' revprop
to either the rest of the authors or all of them. That would be more
complicated and would make "bzr log" slightly inaccurate in older
clients, though.

Or maybe I'm way off. If so, never mind. :-)