[merge] allow setting debug_flags in ~/.bazaar/bazaar.conf

John Arbash Meinel john at arbash-meinel.com
Fri Mar 6 05:11:22 GMT 2009

Martin Pool wrote:
> This lets you put lines like this in ~/.bazaar/bazaar.conf
>
>   debug_flags = hpss
>
> and then you'll always get a trace of bzr+ network operations in ~/.bzr.log.
>
> It also removes the suggestion   "(and try -Dhpss if further diagnosis
> is required)") which has caused some confusion when people's actual
> problem is that the server's unreachable or something.

BB:tweak

+    def try_debug_flags(self, conf_file, expected_flags):
+        t = get_transport(os.environ['HOME'])
+        t.put_bytes(".bazaar/bazaar.conf", conf_file)
+        saved_debug = set(debug.debug_flags)
+        try:
+            debug.set_debug_flags_from_config()
+            self.assertEqual(expected_flags,
+                debug.debug_flags)
+        finally:
+            # restore without rebinding the variable
+            debug.debug_flags.clear()
+            debug.debug_flags.update(saved_debug)

If you feel like you need to trap the 'saved_debug' that also means that
you need to clear the debug flags before calling
'debug.set_debug_flags_from_config()'.

So:

+        saved_debug = set(debug.debug_flags)
+        try:
             debug.debug_flags.clear()
+            debug.set_debug_flags_from_config()
+            self.assertEqual(expected_flags,
+                debug.debug_flags)
+        finally:
+            # restore without rebinding the variable
+            debug.debug_flags.clear()
+            debug.debug_flags.update(saved_debug)

I also think this test might fail on Windows. It may be better to use
bzrlib.config.config_dir()

I'm pretty sure it does the right thing with the test suite.