[MERGE] [#221461] Make 'bzr push --quiet' more quiet.

Kent Gibson warthog618 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 23:05:24 GMT 2009

Martin Pool wrote:
> 2009/3/4 Ian Clatworthy <ian.clatworthy at canonical.com>:
>
>> Ian Clatworthy has voted approve.
>> Status is now: Semi-approved
>> Comment:
>> I suspect conflicting tags ought to still be a warning and therefore still
>> output if --quiet is given. That doesn't impact this patch though.
>>

> I agree.

Would you care to elaborate?
The existing behaviour of push/pull/merge wrt conflicting tags seems
broken to me, and there are several bugs open on it as well, so I'd like
to understand how it works, and fix it if it really is broken.
Ideally what I am after is use cases for push, pull and merge (including
the subsequent commit) where conflicting tags are involved.  What should
be reported to stderr/stdout, what are the exit codes, and what is the
state of the history and working tree?

Cheers,
Kent.