bzr-svn bug?

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at samba.org
Thu Mar 5 00:02:51 GMT 2009

On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 17:38 -0500, John Szakmeister wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Jelmer Vernooij <jelmer at samba.org> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 15:35 -0500, John Szakmeister wrote:
> >> Ran across this today trying to branch the pypy repository inside a
> >> 1.9-rich-root shared repo:
> > This is a known bug in the Subversion client libraries, which makes them
> > unable to retrieve file properties with certain characters in their
> > names over HTTP (the other protocols Subversion uses should be fine).
> > See https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/subversion/+bug/203975 for details.
>
> Looking at that bug report, it appears that the issue is there is a
> '/' in a property name?  I suppose that this is a property that
> bzr-svn set?  Can you give me an idea of what it is?  Perhaps I can
> see if it can be fixed in Subversion.
Yeah, the / would be the problem. It is used in the name of a property
that older versions of bzr-svn used to set. Subversion supports setting
it over HTTP fine, but doesn't allow retrieving it over HTTP after it
has been set. Retrieving it over file://, svn:// svn+ssh:// works fine
AFAIK.

The problem is probably in libneon, the XML+HTTP library used by
Subversion.

Cheers,

Jelmer

Jabber: jelmer at jabber.fsfe.org