[MERGE] [#221461] Make 'bzr push --quiet' more quiet.

Kent Gibson warthog618 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 12:39:15 GMT 2009

The attached patch addresses bug 221461, specifically the complaint that:

$ bzr push --quiet sftp://host.com/path/to/branch/
<sftp://host.com/path/to/branch/>
This transport does not update the working tree of:
sftp://host.com/path/to/branch/ <sftp://host.com/path/to/branch/>. See
'bzr help working-trees' for more information.
No new revisions to push.
$

generates the warning regarding the transport capabilities.
I think it is reasonable to expect this message not to be displayed
for --quiet.  The message is commenting on the expected behaviour for
such transports, not an unexpected condition, so it is more
informational than an error or warning.

I haven't provided a test case since the change is so trivial, and
setting up a remote transport to test it is not - for me anyway.  If a
test is required I could use some pointers.

Btw, the second line " No new revisions to push." is no longer
reported for --quiet due to a recent change from Jelmer - 3978.2.2, so
with this patch push --quiet will be completely quiet.  Well, unless
there are "conflicting" tags, but I'll leave that for another day.

Cheers,
Kent.