[merge] BranchBuilder passes timestamps through to commit

Martin Pool mbp at canonical.com
Tue Mar 3 01:48:00 GMT 2009

This patch lets you pass a timestamp= kwarg to branchbuilders to get
deterministic output in tests that need to look at the date.

Having written this I'm actually wondering if it would be better for
BranchBuilder to always force the timestamp to a particular value,
with say 1s intervals between commits, if none is given.  That would
make the tests more isolated from the environment which is good, all
other things being equal.

However, I can imagine some tests might want to force a particular
time and so having this is still worthwhile.

--
Martin <http://launchpad.net/~mbp/>