File permissions after FTP push

Lukas Zapletal lzap at seznam.cz
Mon Mar 2 08:30:01 GMT 2009

Hello,

I am pushing my repos via FTP on my site and making it public with Apache
(HTTP). The problem is when I create my repo and push it via FTP the
permissions of all files and directories in the .bzr dir is 700. This means
Apache (running under different user) is not able to read.

My questions:

1) How can I modify rights on-the-fly (e.g. by configuring something in
authentization.conf - default_rights or something)? Is it even possible?

2) Should I modify umask before invoking bzr command locally to have all rights
set properly (e.g. 755)?

3) Is it possible to re-push my current branch with correct permissions? I
think this could be done by simply deleting the repo on the FTP, correcting
permissions and re-pushing on the same location?

Thanks in advance, Lukas