DEMO: RFC - examples of when and where to use "workspaces".

Eric Berry elberry at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 23:49:04 GMT 2009

Hi All,

I'm trying to come up with an example of when it would be appropriate and
necessary to set the whoami property on a branch basis.

In my demo I'm going to set up multiple "workspaces" to emulate multiple
users. I think this is a really awesome feature of BZR, but I'm having
trouble coming up with a good example situation where this would be
necessary.

Normally developers have their own machines to work on, and if it is a
shared machine, it's a multi-user environment where each user would have
their own global whoami value. This really is a sweet feature and I'm sure
there was a real need to have it, could I get a little history regarding the
feature, and some past experiences from users who make use of this ability?

Thanks,
Eric

PS - It's not nearly complete but the demo is currently posted on my wiki.
Comments and crits are most welcomed. I was asked to do more of a comparison
in my examples to SVN since that's what my company is currently using. So
rather than field the immanent, "how is this different than SVN", we chose
to forefront the questions with actual examples.

http://wiki.townsfolkdesigns.com/doku.php/bazaar_demo

--
Learn from the past. Live in the present. Plan for the future.
11101000