bzr-gtk vs. QBzr

Ben Finney bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au
Wed Feb 25 21:45:39 GMT 2009

Colin D Bennett <colin at gibibit.com> writes:

> I use command line primarily because it is quick for command
> development tasks; however, for inherently graphical and interactive
> operations like diff, log, annotate, etc., I find that a GUI makes
> it much more efficient than browsing through 'bzr log | less' or
> something.

For ‘diff’ specifically, I find the ‘--using fooprogram’ option (from
the ‘bzr_difftools’ plugin) to be ideal. Any program that emulates
‘diff(1)’ can be invoked for showing Bazaar's diffs, without Bazaar
itself needing to know anything about a GUI.

--
 \     “If you're a young Mafia gangster out on your first date, I bet |
  `\       it's real embarrassing if someone tries to kill you.” —Jack |