[MERGE][Bug #183559] Add a -r option to bzr switch

Colin D Bennett colin at gibibit.com
Tue Feb 24 14:38:30 GMT 2009

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:53:10 +1000
Ian Clatworthy <ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net> wrote:

> Also, do you think the switch help needs any improvements to
> explain this option? (Just listing the option is probably
> enough but I thought I'd ask.)
>
> Ian C.

Explanation of 'switch -r REV' would be useful to me.  I don't quite
understand what it would do.  When I switch a checkout between
branches, I am re-binding to a different branch so I'll see the
contents of that branch in my working tree and my commits will go to
that branch.  But what if I 'switch -r 65' when I am already on revno
100?  Would it
(1) be like 'revert -r 65', where the changes appear as pending changes
to the working tree?  Or would it
(2) bind the checkout directly to revno 65 of the branch so that 'bzr
st' would show now pending changes.  In this case, what happens if you
commit changes?

Regards,
Colin