[RFC] Easy workspace set-up proposal

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Tue Feb 24 12:22:49 GMT 2009

Following feedback from Karl and others putting together the
scenarios documentation, I've thrown together my latest thoughts
on how we could simplify the "get me started" processes.

I've registered a blueprint in Launchpad for this here:
https://blueprints.edge.launchpad.net/bzr/+spec/easy-workspace-setup.

The actual (draft) specification is on the wiki here:
http://bazaar-vcs.org/DraftSpecs/EasyWorkspaceSetup.

I'm sure many of us have thought about this issue a lot over time
so I'd be interested to hear any feedback. If nothing else, we
should probably turn the "Workspace models" section into an appendix
of the User Guide, say. (If and when the proposed changes are
implemented, the information could be presented much earlier.)

Ian C.