[MERGE] Changed diff filename from *.diff to *_diff.txt to make it easier to open on Windows.

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Mon Feb 23 17:05:37 GMT 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 08:12:59AM -0600, John Arbash Meinel wrote:

> Doug Lee wrote:
> > This is my first public merge request; please help me do it better
> > next time if such correction is warranted...  I'm afraid I was behind
> > on this list and just noticed bzr-email-notify today, so pardon if
> > this is obsolete.
> >
> > Rationale for request:  Windows email clients don't by default know
> > how to open .diff files, but .txt files work just fine.
> >

> So I'm pretty sure we have decided not to accept this. However, I'm
> curious if ".patch" would work better for you than ".diff". Can you try
> it and see?

I think .patch and .diff would work about the same.  I'm neither
surprised nor offended that the request didn't pass. :)  I only had
the Windows, hence minority, perspective in writing it.  Mostly I'm
learning the proper way to submit better things later... or so I hope.

SSB BART Group           doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com   http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"Pray devoutly, but hammer stoutly."
--Sir William G. Benham