Another diff Viewer

Brian de Alwis bsd at cs.ubc.ca
Fri Feb 20 23:34:38 GMT 2009

Hi Nathan.

I have similar problems when diffing files encoded in UTF-16.  I
believe its your diff tool that's actually complaining, not bzr.

Fortunately you can use bzr diff's --diff-options to add options to
whatever diff program bzr is currently configured to use; standard
diff(1) seems to support "-a" to force the files to be treated as
ASCII.  So you should be able to do something like:

	$ bzr diff --diff-options="-a"

Alternatively you could use the --using option to specify another diff
tool entirely.

Brian.

--
"Amusement to an observing mind is study." - Benjamin Disraeli