output of bzr add in 1.12? hmmm

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Thu Feb 19 02:41:53 GMT 2009

Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 10:46:51 +0200
> Alexander Belchenko <bialix at ukr.net> wrote:
>
>> C:\work\Bazaar\plugins\fastimport\exporters>bzr add __init__.py
>> adding exporters/__init__.py
>> add completed
>
> Just an idea, but why not something like:
>
> $ bzr add
> adding foo/a.txt: done
> adding foo/b.txt: done
> adding foo/c.txt: done
>
> and so forth?

Because the "done" doesn't happen until the end. Until then, bzr
is simply collecting what goes into the "transaction".

I agree that 'add completed' is ambiguous and should be improved.

BTW, if there are ignored files, we currently append

  ignored N file(s).

I'll like to see 'add completed' replaced with

  added N file(s).

As well as solving the original issue, seeing the total # of
files added gives a nice mental check, e.g. "wtf - I was
expecting X, not Y" when something accidentally matches an
ignore rule.

Ian C.