Adding a contributor to my launchpad project

Thomas Manson dev.mansonthomas at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 09:15:18 GMT 2009

Hi,

thanks for the answers.

Meanwhile, I've read this :

http://www.scribd.com/doc/6150193/A-Contributors-Guide-to-Launchpad-and-Bazaar

And I think I didn't get yet how I should work with Bazaar VCS ;) So I think
I post on the correct list after all ;o)

After reading the slides, I would have say that I need to push on a project
branch (own by the project)

But Now, it makes more sense to push on a branch own by the team.

I need to figure out how to organize the project branches.

I'm using Bazaar on a small web project which is split up in 3 eclipse
projects, we're now 2 developer on the project.

Bazaar gives a lot of liberty on how to manage your project, but  right now,
I'm quite lost...

Do I need a gatekeeper ?  What branch layout should I start from ?

* The project trunked own by the team for release.
* a dev branch own by the team
* each time a developer works on a functionnality, should he create a branch
for this and then merge it to the dev branch ?
* once the dev branch is stable enough we merge it with the trunk ?

Also I'm used to handle all the VCS inside eclipse GUI (with CVS/SVN
plugin), but with Bazaar, I feel that I can't do that, and I really need to
use command line utilities. (which sounds not that handy compared to CVS/SVN
eclipse integration).

Is there a short list of utility I should learn ?  I'd really like to spend
more time on project developement and less on learning Bazaar ;o)))

Thomas.