Adding a contributor to my launchpad project

Matt Nordhoff mnordhoff at mattnordhoff.com
Tue Feb 17 00:07:37 GMT 2009

<https://launchpad.net/~launchpad-users> would be the best list.

> I've a project here :
>
> https://launchpad.net/crf-irp
>
> I was the only contributor until now.
>
> So I've created a team
>
> https://launchpad.net/~crf-team
>
> set it as maintainer of the project (instead of me)
> Set me as driver
>
> Added my fellow contributor Enguerran to the team.
>
> He added it's ssh public key into its account. (id_rsa.pub)
>
> But when he tried to checkout the project he gets this error :
>
> bzr: ERROR: Connection closed: please check connectivity and permissions
> (and try -Dhpss if further diagnosis is required)
>
> The only way I found to make it work,is to add its public key, into my
> keys :
>
> https://launchpad.net/~dev-mansonthomas/+sshkeys
>
> It works, when he commits, It's in his name.
>
> but it sounds me really wierd to add its key into my ssh keys so that it
> work.
> (if the user belongs to the team that is maintainer of the project, it
> should be ok no?)
>
> Also my project is prefixed by my username... it's sound wierd also...
>

>   ~dev-mansonthomas/crf-irp/crf-irp
>

> Thanks,
> Thomas.

Right. The branch lp:~dev-mansonthomas/crf-irp/crf-irp is owned by you,
so you're the only one who can write to it. You need to push a new copy
to lp:~crf-team/crf-irp/crf-irp if you want everyone on the team to be
able to write to it.