[MERGE] Ppa newcomer updates.

Vincent Ladeuil v.ladeuil+lp at free.fr
Mon Feb 16 10:12:33 GMT 2009

    jam> Vincent Ladeuil wrote:
    >> Here are some updates I made to ppa.txt while building the ppas
    >> for bzr-1.12.
    >>
    >> They are pretty trivial so I'll merge them in a couple of days if
    >> nobody object.
    >>
    >> Vincent

    jam>  #. Export the distroreleases that you will be packaging for::

    jam> -      export UBUNTU_RELEASES="dapper feisty gutsy hardy intrepid"
    jam> +      export UBUNTU_RELEASES="dapper feisty gutsy hardy intrepid jaunty"

    jam> ^- I would appreciate it, if you could also update the value in
    jam> tools/packaging/update-packaging-branches.sh

Done and added to update-changelogs.sh and build-packages.sh
too. I'd like to rework the three of them to allow different a
workflow though.

I tend to build the packages and check that nothing wrong happen
there *before* uploading and pushing the updated branches.

Also being able to use them for other packages (once we settle on
how we want to organize the packaging branches) shouldn't be that
hard.

But that would be for another submission.

    jam> I often just run that, have it spit out the list, and then copy and
    jam> paste that into the terminal.

Lazy guy :-) Keep it that way, the three scripts will now output
the same list (the two others are less necessary but you never
know...).

    jam> Otherwise

    jam>   BB:tweak

    jam> Taking into account what Matt said.

Sure ! And done.

        Vincent