bzr clone, pull, revert

Marius Kruger amanic at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 20:34:19 GMT 2009

2009/2/15 Gerry Reno <greno at verizon.net>

> I have not used bzr very long and I'm having trouble figuring out how to
> clone from a project, later pull to stay current, locate a specific
> revision that is tagged, revert to this tagged revision, then pull my
> copy current again with the project.
>
> bzr clone http://.....  # project
> <time goes by>
> bzr pull  # want to stay current
> bzr revno
> 1727
> bzr tags
> 5.0.0-2   1715
> 5.0.0-3   1725
> bzr revert -r tag:5.0.0-3   # want to work with this tagged version
> M bin/release.py
> M setup.py
> bzr diff -r 1725 setup.py
> # no diff, good
> # DO STUFF WITH revno 1725
> bzr pull --overwrite   # here is where I thought this would make all files
> current again with project

so at this point you expect your local branch to be at revno 1727?
the pull command should tell you which rev you arrived at, or you can use
`bzr revno` or `bzr log`
afterwards to check this.
BTW. --overwrite will remove local revisions which are not present in the
branch you are pulling from.

> bzr diff -r 1725 setup.py
> # hmm.. bad,  Should be at 1727 and different.

this command would show all the changes to setup.py after rev 1725.

`bzr diff setup.py` would show you how your current setup.py differs from
the latest rev.

regards
marius