Migrating CVS repositories to Bazaar

Michael Haggerty mhagger at alum.mit.edu
Sun Feb 15 02:38:54 GMT 2009

J. Bobby Lopez wrote:
> What is the current most popular method of converting CVS repositories
> to Bazaar? (which is compatible with bzr 1.11)
>
> I've tried "bzr-fastimport", "bzr-svn" (after converting CVS to SVN with
> cvs2svn), etc, but I've run into difficulties with each of them.

cvs2svn/cvs2git [1] can now convert directly to a git-fast-import format
dumpfile, which should be importable using bzr-fastimport.

For some reason there has been very little feedback from the bzr
community about how well this works.  If this *doesn't* work for you and
the fault seems to be on the cvs2svn side, please report your problems
to the cvs2svn mailing list.  If it *does* for you, we'd like to hear
that too!

Michael
(the cvs2svn/cvs2git maintainer)

[1] http://cvs2svn.tigris.org/cvs2git.html