Server-side branch names for email plugin

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Thu Feb 12 03:13:55 GMT 2009

I'm using the current version of Robert's email plugin on a bzr+ssh
server to which people commit, so emails will be generated when any
central branch changes.  It works, but there are a couple things I'd
like to improve:

The branch names indicated in the emails look like
"chroot-140729132:///var/bzr/test/".  I'd prefer something like
"/var/bzr/test" or even "server/test."  Probably the job of
public_branch...

but I'm hoping to configure this centrally, not in per-branch
branch.conf files.  I'm just having trouble figuring out a branch path
to put in locations.conf.  My thought is, if I can figure out the base
path, I can use something like this in bazaar.conf:

	[DEFAULT]
	public_branch = central
	public_branch:policy = appendpath

then in locations.conf:

	[central/test/]
	post_commit_to = u1 at email.com, developers at central.com

Am I anywhere near the right plan?

SSB BART Group           doug.lee at ssbbartgroup.com   http://www.ssbbartgroup.com
"The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit
of it. You have to catch up with it yourself." --Benjamin Franklin