Brief article on benchmarks of Python repository with leading DVCSen

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Wed Feb 11 06:36:33 GMT 2009

Talden пишет:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Ben Finney <ben at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
>> Howdy all,
>>
>> Robert Fendt gives a brief update in a series of DVCS comparison
>> articles: timings for various operations in Bazaar, Mercurial, and Git
>> using the Python repository
>> <URL:https://ldn.linuxfoundation.org/blog-entry/dvcs-follow-what-about-managing-python-repository>.
>>
>> He doesn't mention what version of the tools he's using, unfortunately.
>
> I assume that the initial checkout is branching the converted branch
> and clone is just branching again - in which case I wonder if a shared
> repo was in use.

99.9% is not. Because the branch is converted from svn and therefore require --rich-root-pack
repo, and this is not default. So you rather have very bad error on initial clone,
something about KnitPackRepository is not compatible with KnitPackRepository.

I don't know is branch --stacked will be in help be there?