[MERGE] Add specification for colocated-branches

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Tue Feb 10 00:46:29 GMT 2009

Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> The attached patch adds the co-located branches specification to
> doc/developer. The fact that this is a merge request should make it a
> bit easier to track its status.

I think we can land this now and refine it via follow-up patches
as required.

bb:tweak

> +than the current HEAD. Several options have been, each with its own

been *discussed*, ...

or "considered" if that's what you meant.

> +	   def get_branch(self, name):
> +		  """Returns the Branch object for the specifie branch."""

specified

> +	   def destroy_branch(self, name):
> +		 """Destroy the specified branch."""

Maybe a little more explanation as to the semantics of destroy?

> +If the particular BzrDir implementation doesn't support colocated
> +branches, it can just return a dummy container that just contains a HEAD
> +branch.

Would it be better to have an explicit method like "supports_colocated_branches()"?

Ian C.