Wishlist for log --long: don't print first dashed line, please

Alexander Belchenko bialix at ukr.net
Mon Feb 9 09:59:09 GMT 2009

I'm often subscribe to bzr branches at LP to get notifications about new commits.
IIUC, LP sent me the output of the command like this `bzr log -rN --long -v`
so I get something like this:

revno: 606
committer: Gary van der Merwe <garyvdm at gmail.com>
branch nick: trunk
timestamp: Mon 2009-02-09 04:21:54 +0200
message:
   starting 0.9.8
modified:
   NEWS.txt
   __init__.py
   installer/qbzr-setup.nsi
   setup.py

This dashed line at the beginning of the log is not needed actually IMO, right?
Furthermore it plays badly with mail desktop clients and web-mail.
My Thunderbird shows me beginning of the new incoming mail
in the small pop-up window, and 90% of this window filled by
this dashed line. My web-interface to the mail also can provide
small preview of the incoming messages, and again I see this
garbage instead of useful info.