[MERGE] log multiple files and directories

Colin D Bennett colin at gibibit.com
Thu Feb 5 16:01:11 GMT 2009

On Thu, 05 Feb 2009 23:05:11 +1000
Ian Clatworthy <ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net> wrote:

> The attached patch implements two of the features
> blocking adoption by the Emacs development community,
> namely:
>
> * the ability to log multiple files
> * logging a directory should log changes to it and its
>   children, not just treat the directory as a plain object.
>
> I'd *really* like this to make 1.12 but I appreciate that it
> may not be reviewed and ready in time. Obviously, the odds
> of making the right choice here will depend on how much user
> testing we can do in addition to any review. If you want this
> feature in 1.12, please test this patch ASAP. (Hi Karl!)

OK!  I want to see it in 1.12, so I'll be testing it.

I have a problem right away though:  I can log single files, but when I
try to log a directory, it crashes:

cdb at gamma ~/bin/bzr.current $ bzr log tools
bzr: ERROR: exceptions.TypeError: get_deltas_for_revisions() takes
exactly 2 arguments (3 given)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/cdb/bin/bzr.dev/bzrlib/commands.py", line 893, in
run_bzr_catch_errors File "/home/cdb/bin/bzr.dev/bzrlib/commands.py",
line 839, in run_bzr File "/home/cdb/bin/bzr.dev/bzrlib/commands.py",
line 539, in run_argv_aliases File
"/home/cdb/bin/bzr.dev/bzrlib/commands.py", line 853, in ignore_pipe
File "/home/cdb/bin/bzr.current/bzrlib/builtins.py", line 2001, in run
show_log_request(b, lf, rqst) File
"/home/cdb/bin/bzr.current/bzrlib/log.py", line 228, in
show_log_request _show_log_request(branch, lf, rqst) File
"/home/cdb/bin/bzr.current/bzrlib/log.py", line 322, in
_show_log_request for lr in generator.iter_log_revisions(): File
"/home/cdb/bin/bzr.current/bzrlib/log.py", line 349, in
iter_log_revisions for revs in revision_iterator: File
"/home/cdb/bin/bzr.current/bzrlib/log.py", line 788, in
_generate_deltas deltas =
repository.get_deltas_for_revisions(revisions, fileid_set) TypeError:
get_deltas_for_revisions() takes exactly 2 arguments (3 given)

I'm using bzr.dev revno:3983.

Regards,
Colin