[PEBKAC] Bzr mixing up branches?

Matthew D. Fuller fullermd at over-yonder.net
Sun Feb 1 19:35:11 GMT 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 08:46:22AM +1300 I heard the voice of
Talden, and lo! it spake thus:

> Should we then produce an error if using push/pull in a checkout?

Heck no.  Using push and pull in a checkout make EXACTLY as much sense
as using push and pull anywhere else.  All a checkout means is that
your working tree isn't colocated with your branch.

Push and pull are branch operations; you use them any time you want to
do something involving 2 branches.  They're inappropriate when you
want to do something involving your branch and your working tree, but
that's not push/pull's fault, any more than it's the fault of a
screwdriver when you can't rake leaves with it.

Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd at over-yonder.net