Help for bzr-git plugin: co from github

Eric Anderson eric at pixelwareinc.com
Thu Jan 29 17:43:49 GMT 2009

Timmie wrote:
> I received the following error:
>
> bzr branch git://github.com/cmowforth/quickshare.git
> bzr: ERROR: [Error 2] Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden:
> 'c:\\dokume~1\\timmie\\lokale~1\\temp\\tmpmcxczw.pack'
>
> => System cannot find the indicated file
>
> Why does this happen?

Last time I messed with bzr-git (a few months ago) it was only able to
branch from local repositories (i.e. networks support is not done yet).
This may have changed (I don't track the progress of the project) but if
it has not a workaround is to clone the github reso locally with git
then branch from your local clone.

Eric