[MERGE][#321066] "bzr log -r 1.1.1..1" dotted revnos in the wrong order raises ValueError

Marius Kruger amanic at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 22:52:43 GMT 2009

2009/1/26 John Arbash Meinel <john at arbash-meinel.com>

> I think we should trap this at a different point. Specifically, doing
> "is_ancestor()" is a very expensive check, without much of a benefit.
> Instead, I think we should just trap the location that is causing a
> ValueError and give a better exception at that time.

done.

Originally I was initially VERY tempted to do just that, but I thought it
was less correct
and that I can't give the error message I wanted at that point.
Although I now give a different message than the non-dotted revno case,
I think it is accurate to the method it happens in and still useful to the
user.

thanks for looking at this very low priority bug
marius