Commit/Push unbound tag?

Eric Berry elberry at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 21:41:02 GMT 2009

Hi,
   I'm new to Bazaar and I'm trying to learn to work with tags.

What I've done is:
1. Created a remote central repo: bzr init-repo --no-trees ftp://
[domain]/[project]
2. Initialized a branch there: bzr init ftp://[domain]/[project]/trunk
3. Checked out the branch locally: bzr checkout ftp://[domain]/[project]/trunk
[project]
    3a. Went into my new project directory: cd [project]
4. Then I unbound my checkout from the central repo: bzr unbind
5. And created a tag: bzr tag release-1.0

Now I want to bind my local branch back to the remote one using "bzr bind
ftp://[domain]/[project]/trunk". When I do a status, which tells me nothing
needs to be committed.

If I go to a different location on my machine, and try to checkout just the
tag "bzr checkout -r tag:release-1.0 ftp://[domain]/[project]/trunk" it
tells me there is no tag.

Is there a way to push the unbounded tag to the central repo after my local
branch has been rebound?

Thanks,
Eric

--
Learn from the past. Live in the present. Plan for the future.
11101000