[RFC] should ((checkout and bind) or reconfigure) be able to update other locations too?

Marius Kruger amanic at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 15:10:55 GMT 2009

2009/1/22 Aaron Bentley <aaron at aaronbentley.com>

> To start using a local mirror of trunk:
> 1. bzr checkout http://example.org/trunk
> 2. echo 'public_branch=http://example.org/trunk' >>
> trunk/.bzr/branch/branch.conf
> 3. bzr merge -d ../existing-branch . --remember

For me it is a bit of a nuisance to update other locations like the default
push/pull locations when binding to or checking out something.
In my case I want to be sure people don't accidentally push stuff somewhere
they are not supposed to.
I need to do this with 25+ branches at a time (using scmproj), so echoing
stuff into a file won't work nice.

I wrote a experimental plugin once that can bind a bunch of branches for you
and simultaneously set locations for you when given some options. eg.
bzr mbind --update-push-location --update-pull-location http://...
this gets messy quickly..
I do think it would be nice to have some command in the core to be able to
update this.

An option is to give `bzr reconfigure` the ability to do this:
bzr reconfigure --set-push-location --set-pull-location http://...
bzr reconfigure --set-public-branch http://...
Does anybody have objections to this?
If so do you have a better idea of how we could support this?

--
<| regards