[MERGE] log --include-merges

Ian Clatworthy ian.clatworthy at internode.on.net
Tue Jan 20 21:58:02 GMT 2009

Ian Clatworthy wrote:
> John Arbash Meinel wrote:
>
>> Vincent used the option "--include-merges" for this functionality as
>> part of "bzr missing" is there a reason to use a different option name?
>
> Not really. I'll change it. I'd also like to add a short option.
> I propose -n (and we extend the help message to say
> "Show (nested) merge revisions.").

Done. I've added -n as a shortcut option to missing as well.

My only concern with the "include-merges" name is that users
migrating from git/hg might take it to mean something different, i.e.
whether to show/hide merge points. (Not that --merge-revisions
solved that.) I'm planning to give the help for log some love
once the various log patches I have in the review queue land.

Ian C.